Sunday, May 27, 2007

Travelling through time

The last week-end has been full of intense moments. From work to the last 2 days that I spent in Paris. I went to the wedding of two ex-colleagues of mine. They have kid called Clement and I wish them all three all the love that they deserve. I also slept, by pure chance, in the same hotel that the whole UK chapter started with. I was left stranded in Paris on my way to visit my girlfriend at the time. I changed my ticket to the next day. Jumped on a cab and asked the taxi driver to bring to the closest hotel with a room available. No booking, no shit, pure traveler style. I ended up at the Mercure Paris Bercy hotel. No high class but a suitable hole to spend a night. In that night I was aware of the trouble that I was in. Eight years later I look back and realised that the best thing that happened to me was to get kicked out of that university. The last eight years of my life have been amazing. I thank all the people that have come and gone. Some of them, most, I am not in touch with anymore. I guess its the price to pay to make it all that interesting.

Its either this or the old adage: "You know you are getting old, when you begin to get this sence of deja vu". Thanks Sona for that one, its a pity I let you go. I apologise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Una historia preciosa, pero la veritat és que m'he perdut. La teua vida és un poc difícil de seguir, i ja no m'enrecorde de quina novia has tingut en Paris, no entenc pq te vares qdar tirat alli ni que te que vore aixo amb la universitat.
No hi ha res millor en la vida que mirar enrere i pensar que tot ha valgut la pena. Sobre tot, els que creem que nomes hi ha una, no podem arriscar-nos a malgastar-la.
Per això, Xivi, eres un eixemple.
Continua, encara en queda molta.

B7s, perla